Thursday, November 4, 2010

Fiction three.

I really am not in the mood to blog today, believe that! I was deeply moved by the story about the two brothers getting into mud. This brings back memories to when I used to play in my creek, muck up to the thighs, reaking of decaying life, humus.

I also am reading a book called "River Town" for Cultural Anthropology. It's a 400 page book, I'm about halfway.

the story is about the Authors visit to a Chinese city named Fuling. The Author worked for the peace core teaching English to the Chinese students. Still very communist, Fuling is a rapidly changing city. I find the Author is a little into himself, and I could totally ask him to leave out parts of his journy that are simply not needed to know. I'll post something later on this book when I find out more. I have until the end of the month to finish the book, and knowing me, it'll be the last week in which I finish the book!

-Ben

Hope everyone had a safe Holloween.

1 comment: