Thursday, October 7, 2010

Blood Dazzler

WOW! I couldn't put this book/poems down. I think I was too young (maybe 17) when Katrina hit in 2005. I had no idea of any of the news that was taking place. These poems vividly describe the horrors better than any news could have reported.

\
If I had to pick any specific poem, '34' or 'What to Tweak' were probably my favorites.

other than that, this poetry book has everything; Sex, corpses, sadness, anger.

I also enjoy how the poems tell a story. There is a band called "Mars Volta", and their first CD "Deloused in the Comatorium is a 10 track Album that tells a story. I simply love this sort of thing.

We'll be discussing this book more in class, so I don't have much more to write for now.

That is all, have a good day, and weekend.

1 comment: